We’re passionate about the English language; and we design software that helps writers and editors produce their very best work. Our product, PerfectIt, is the leading proofreading software for independent editors, proposal managers, medical writers, and publications teams.
As our Employee Number 12, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute across as much of the business as interests you. Your primary responsibility will be developing new web applications and integrations. You’ll be working with the CEO, as well as our Chief Engineer, to take PerfectIt’s capabilities to a whole new level. Our audience are (mostly) not technologists, so you’ll make the complicated seem easy.
We’re a small, profitable company that works 100% remote. Our CEO is in New York, our developers are in the United Kingdom, and you can be anywhere in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new web apps to expand PerfectIt’s functionality
- Build integrations with our email provider and CRM
- Work on e-commerce
- Improve our app for online Office
- Work with our internal word usage databases
- Put in place unit tests and quality control mechanisms to improve our codebase.
Skills & Requirements
Candidates must have experience in commercial programming roles. In addition, candidates should have extensive knowledge of the following:
- Development Environments: Visual Studio
- Working with source control (Git)
- Unit testing (we are obsessed with unit testing)
Candidates will have an advantage if they have experience of, or ability to learn, the following:
- Content management systems (we use Umbraco)
- E-commerce (we use TeaCommerce with Stripe and Paypal)
- Email service providers (we use Campaign Monitor)
- Customer relationship management (we use Close)
- Identity Server
- SQL Server
- Natural language processing