Senior Software Engineer - Back-End Developer at Olo
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption. We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits.
Olo is revolutionizing the customer experience with restaurant chains, and we're looking for talented engineers to join our team and help achieve this vision. As part of the team you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will design, develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services in our core ordering platform. While primarily focused on our back-end, the position requires contributions throughout our stack.
You'll work with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, TeamCity, GitHub, Octopus Deploy, and heavy use of OSS.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading by example in designing reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
- Evangelizing good practices on your team and across Engineering.
- Observing system performance in your domain and identifying emerging problems.
- Quickly assessing and resolving production incidents that arise in the components your team is responsible for.
- Researching and proposing new technologies to apply effectively.
- Exhibiting good judgment and instincts, seeking out diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions.
- Providing constructive criticism in a way that builds the team's bench strength.
- Consistently delivering against commitments.
What We’ll Expect From You
- A passion for computing that extends beyond work
- Proven on-the-job development experience at a senior technical level
- A drive to automate anything that has to be done more than once
- Excellent knowledge of C#, .NET and object oriented concepts
- Adept at writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
- In-depth understanding of Windows, database and networking concepts
- Hands-on experience instrumenting, deploying and monitoring production code
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
- B.S degree or equivalent education
- Experience developing for highly available and horizontally scalable SaaS platforms
- Experience with any of: Kafka, Redis, distributed messaging systems, Amazon Web Services, F#, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Terraform
- A background in restaurant or e-commerce technology, including point of sale systems, payment gateways, and CRM and loyalty platforms
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs