Lead Back End Engineer: Legal Tech | Node.js | data and workflow management at Virtual Pricing Director
Virtual Pricing Director is hiring a Lead Back End Engineer - working in Node.js and other languages - to architect and implement its new Legal Tech back end and data platform.
Our software empowers a wide audience within law firms to swiftly produce consistently high quality data-driven pricing proposals that profitably deliver on clients' expectations of pricing transparency and pricing certainty. We achieve this with a best in class data management and workflow platform, and a compelling focus on UI/UX.
We have a proven MVP, the best-recognised brand and strong demand. Now embarking on our third product release, you will architect and build out an entirely new data structure and back end. You will be establishing data pipelines, representing data for BI and reporting, and building comprehensive back end capabilities. Your work will go on to manifest new workflow management capabilities, and to bring structure to unstructured data.
The domain entails data-intensive services where security, data integrity and uptime are key. This presents lots of interesting challenges as we build and integrate our technology. We offer considerable freedom in technology choice and approach. There are big plans and lots to accomplish.
- Exploring, innovating and creating IP
- Architecting and implementing new data structures and logic
- New back end for modular BI and reporting products
- New API and data integration pipelines
- Designing operational AWS infrastructure
- Automating quality, CI/CD, and shaping a DevOps culture
- Supporting dialogue with customers
- Exploring GraphQL
- Upholding ISO27001
- Preparing for explorations in machine learning
We're looking for
- Someone ready to lead on the back end and data
- Strong grounding in Computer Science, Data Science or Mathematics, through formal study - or equivalent knowledge
- Deep, technical, architecture and coding skills - accrued in a modern web back end context
- Technology agnostic and adept with Node.js and strong SQL
- Ability to build modern microservice-based systems that scale
- Ability to unpack complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practices
- A collaborative, adaptable, user-centered approach
- You may also bring - or like to gain - interests around knowledge management, data science, NLP or machine learning
- Someone considering remote back end jobs such as: Lead Engineer | Lead Back End Developer | Microservices Developer | Principle Engineer | Lead Software Engineer | Node.js Developer etc.
Anticipated ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Node.js | optionally some Python, Go, Rust or similar | PostgreSQL | GraphQL | AWS | ML | TDD | Agile
Salary and benefits
- £70,000 - £100,000+ we're keeping an open mind
- Share scheme for founding team members (once proven value to the business)
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and a day for your birthday
- Family-friendly and flexible culture - tell us what you need
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs