Stellar Technology Solutions LLC, a leading provider of software and outsourced business services to the philanthropic market is looking for a Cloud/Linux Engineer with a passion to push innovation, new ideas, and who is energized by tackling new challenges each day. You will be working with an agile team to build the next generation technology stack. This role will be instrumental in helping to continue to build an innovative platform for the company. The Cloud / Linux Engineer is responsible for provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and operations of a hybrid cloud environment.
Stellar Technology Solutions is an established/rapidly growing, private software company located in Stroudsburg, PA.
- Configure and maintain Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS services.
- Management of Linux-based systems
- Install/configure new servers based on standards and operational requirements
- Installation and maintenance of OS including patching, new installs, and upgrades
- Maintain, configure, monitor, tune, and troubleshoot Linux environment
- Perform daily monitoring including hardware, applications, key processes, and scheduled jobs
- Maintain daily backup operations following operational guidelines
- Develop, maintain, and contribute to installation and configuration procedures documentation
- Perform regular security monitoring of Linux environment
- Assist with the development of DevOps systems for continuous integration and deployment
- Manage user accounts and access to systems
- 6+ years of experience as a Cloud Engineer or related position.
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing of systems and applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices.
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console.
- Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS Policy, Configuration, and Security Management tools.
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Proven technical knowledge of network, internet systems, databases and operating systems including Linux in AWS.
- Experience with process automation and retailed tools.
- Proven experience with systems planning and management best practices
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- Experience working with Developers, DevOps, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the DevSecOps program throughout the organization.
- Good understanding of various DevOps tools and package management tools such as npm and GitHub
- Able to explain complex technical knowledge to non-technical people
- Ability to work in a fast paced and distributed environment
Additional Love to Have Skills:
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and applications is desirable.
- Familiarity with tools like Bitbucket, Jira and configuring them for automation is highly desirable.
- Ability to assist with DevOps is desirable.
- CISM, CISSP or other Security Certifications.
- Familiarity with API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, and CCPA Standards and Policies and the associated certification and audit processes
- Auditing and Compliance Certifications such as CISA, PCI-ISA, and PCIP.
- Fintech background
- SaaS environment
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision discounts, 401K,, vacation time with a remote working opportunity in light of current conditions. Preference is for candidates to be within a 2 hour driving distance from Stroudsburg, PA to attend occasional on site meetings.
Stellar Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.