Security Engineer (remote - Americas timezone) at Platform.sh
To reinforce our commitment to customers’ privacy and security, for its PaaS solution, Platform.sh is looking for a Security Engineer with a taste for Python and Go, excellent Linux system understanding, outstanding written English skills, experience working on PCI and/or SOC 2 compliance, and a real hunger for the challenges of building compliant distributed systems. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be the job for you.
We are targeting engineers that like writing documentation and can function in a high performing, multithreaded, 100% cloud-based, remote environment.
Security, privacy, and compliance controls are at the heart of what we do as our mission is to simplify the cloud. The job is to transform what is often regarded as red-tape and constraints to a well-oiled machine where everything is automated and where every constraint becomes a feature making the product better.
This role reports to our Security Operations Manager, and works in close interaction with our CTO, VP of Infrastructure, VP of Engineering, our Data Protection Officer, and our Customer Support teams.
In a given day you might:
- Act as a technical liaison between the Security department and our product, engineering, support, and operations staff.
- Create documentation and processes in English to help satisfy compliance requirements and/or internal process questions.
- Evaluate, deploy, and create systems and tools that will enhance our efficiency.
- Support our data protection officer and compliance team with information requests, pen-testing coordinations, internal and external vulnerability scanning, disaster recovery, and related activities.
- Execute our security incident management process.
- Ensure all systems and services in our environment are securely designed, configured, managed, and monitored.
- Work with external auditors to answer questions on PCI and SOC 2.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, the majority of which is during normal working hours.
- Experience with Linux (preferably Debian-based)
- Experience implementing PCI, SOC 2, or related
- Operate largely independently (go take that hill) with management support
- Able to juggle several requests at the same time
- Experience securing cloud services (AWS in particular)
- Sysadmin experience
- Experience with git-based workflows
- Proficient in Python or Golang
- Experience with containerization technologies (LXC/LXD, Docker)
- Working knowledge of
- Patch and Vulnerability Management process
- Principle of Least Privilege
- Incident response
- Identity and Access Management
- Encryption: TLS, SSH, Disk, etc.
- Ticketed change control
- Snapshot-based backups
- CISSP, CISM, Security+, GCED, GICSP, GCIH, SSCP, or CASP+ Certification or similar
- Excellent written English skills
- AWS, Google, and/or Azure certifications
- Experience with performing vendor security reviews
- Experience with Puppet
- Knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3
- Relational database skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to speak French or German
- Ability to kick ass in Chess or beat Zork without using a map
- Can bravely take on new challenges like a Gryffindor, analyze problems like Ravenclaw, protects our infrastructure and client data like a Slytherin, and talks with clients like a Hufflepuff.
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
* This is a remote job
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs