iSeries DB2 Database Administrator (DBA) at OneMain Financial (Evansville, IN)
Do you want to join a team that is agile, collaborative, and highly skilled? Here at OneMain you will be part of a DBA team with cross-training opportunities to learn even more about other database platforms. You will perform troubleshooting, possibly of multiple databases, and work with a team that works collaboratively to recommend database techniques that support business needs.
This role can be located in Evansville, IN, Baltimore, MD, Chicago, IL, Fort Worth, TX or Wilmington, DE. Relocation is not provided however, we will consider remote work for the perfect candidate.
- Supports the design and implementation of new database environments and redesign of existing systems to fulfill business needs.
- Evaluates performance of databases and responds to issues that arise related to databases.
- Troubleshoots database issues.
- Manage database objects – schemas, views, tables, stored procedures and triggers.
- Supports developers and QA by maintaining test environments and configuring databases to development specifications.
- Work with application development teams to develop data models that support business processes. Ensure changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Reviews all proposed DB changes proposed by Design and Development.
- Creates technical support documentation for databases.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation where each DBA contributes weekly.
- Acts as a SME on IBM i database.
- Design/implement backup and recovery solutions.
- Document and implement best practices for database environments.
- IBM iSeries/Power Series DB2 performance tuning.
- Write and tune SQL.
- Knowledge of SDLC and database design methodologies/principles.
- 8+ Hands-on experience with DB2 for iSeries (Power Series).
- 8+ Experience with related utilities/tools, physical database design, DB2 integrity and security management.
- 5+ years of database administration for highly available applications.
- College degree or equivalent military or business experience.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs