System Engineer at ProKeep
ProKeep is seeking a systems/cloud engineer for a messaging platform that is experiencing rapid growth in the construction industry. This engineer will focus on improving our existing infrastructure and application performance along with handling general devops/cloud engineering tasks.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to grow with an established startup company!
ProKeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the $100+ billion wholesale distribution market (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc). We are post product, post revenue and growing fast in the US and Canada. Our team is small, nimble, and devoted to making our customers lives easier with simple to use technology. We envision a world where distributors using our tools are more efficient and able to build stronger relationships with their customers.
We are looking for a dedicated systems engineer who is excited to make significant contributions to our integrated stack, data layer, and overall performance, security, and reliability. You will be primarily focused on systems and cloud engineering, but we are a small and highly collaborative team, so from time to time you may also take a diversion into other adjacent tech realms. You don’t have to be an expert with all the tools in our stack, but an interest in working on projects at all levels of the stack will be helpful as we expand the breadth of our platform. You should have strong opinions about tools and architecture, but should also be able to explain those opinions persuasively, not abrasively. You should also take pride in writing performant, logically structured, and readable code, config, and documentation, but be pragmatic enough to realize that sometimes shipped code is better than perfect code. Some training will be provided.
- 5+ years experience working as a cloud/systems engineer.
- general system infrastructure maintenance and improvement
- shell scripting
- linux system administration
- AWS services: ECS, CloudFront, SQS, S3, ECS, ALB, IAMs
- configuration management
- noSQL databases
- app/systems security
- envoy/service mesh
- devops and CI/CD (ideally, GitLab CI) a plus.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team.
- Desire to collaborate with other developers and ability to communicate over various channels (email, phone, Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.)
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Elixir/Erlang or strong desire to learn a plus.
- Postgres/RDS capacity and performance improvements.
- performance tests with jmeter
- Node experience a plus - our ECS orchestration code is written in Node.
This is a full-time salaried position starting immediately. At this time we can only hire US based
full-time employees and cannot consider consultants or contractors. This is a remote work opportunity, but you should be able to work core hours in U.S. pacific time.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and start the process.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs