Unmanned Aerial System Back-End GIS Software Engineer at PEMDAS Technologies and Innovations
What’s the gig?
PEMDAS is looking for an experienced back-end GIS software engineer to join our remote team. You will be working on the back-end data services of our environmental intelligence system, building APIs, performance tuning algorithms, and architecting our solution going forward for unmanned aerial systems. You need to be comfortable working with big environmental data sets: data flow setup, data processing, and data storage.
You will be expected to follow typical software development processes. Our developers use Git version control, continually integrate their software updates with automated builds, follow Agile software development processes, fully document their code, and follow accepted code style standards. This position offers a wide range of creative freedom, but utilizing these best practices allows us to maintain structure, consistency, and high quality products.
As we are a remote team, you must have the discipline to manage your time while working from home. Some travel will be required (<25%) in order to better coordinate implementation of complex solutions with our team and to facilitate demonstrations of our solutions to our government clients on site.
- BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related subject
- Clearance (or clearable)
- Working knowledge of creating OGC-compliant web services; advanced skills desired
- Familiarity with GIS and GIS software such as IBL Visual Weather, ESRI ArcGIS or GDAL
- Familiarity with Atlassian or similar tool suite for task tracking and development processes
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Adhere to all software development team processes
Preference given to candidates with:
- Experience with meteorological data
- Have proficiency with Python
- Experience with GIS systems
- Experience with containers
You will be a perfect fit if you:
- Develop well-designed, implementable, and testable software
- Enjoy working on new, unexplored problems
- Do not like working mundane tasks, but prefer the ability to develop creative solutions
- Can conduct feasibility studies and advise on alternative approaches (trades)
- Work well as part of self-organizing team and are open to pair programming
- Thrive when working in the comfort of your own home as part of a geographically separated team
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs