Software Architect - Applied Cryptography in Rust at Ockam (San Francisco, CA)
Ockam is building SDKs for embedded systems, edge devices, and cloud. The Ockam code base is polyglot and built in a highly modular architecture. We utilize Rust, C, Elixir, and Golang in our stack. You will be responsible for the architecture and design of protocols in the Ockam code base. You will build core library components and interfaces in Rust, but will also need to contribute to, and interface with, Ockam’s C, Go, and Elixir libraries. This includes building APIs for Ockam’s protocols, consuming external open source libraries, and creating simple abstractions for end users of the Rust SDK. This is an applied cryptography role. Ockam utilizes well studied, tested and peer reviewed cryptography in its protocol designs. This includes material from the 'Noise Protocol Frameworks', Diffie-Hellman key exchanges, familiar elliptic curves, and open source libraries. Ockam is a small and extremely senior team. This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management in our Trello boards, and summaries of key results.
- Applied Cryptography
- Protocol architecture
- Diffie-Hellman key exchanges
- Elliptic curve cryptographic principles
- Cryptography libraries and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Noise Protocol
- API design
- Building complex code bases in the Rust language
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership
- 10+ years of experience
- Distributed systems
- Common networking and messaging protocols
- Git and GitHub's workflow
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- Multiple programming languages
- This is a Level 6-7 role at Ockam.
- Individuals that consider themselves to be Level 5 or 8 are also encouraged to apply.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, here is our guide.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs