SimpleStaking is developing a new Tezos node shell and other solutions for the Tezos community. We are a team of experts with extensive experience in system design, information security and blockchain technology. Our work combines cutting-edge cryptography, P2P technology and decentralized consensus architectures.
Currently, we are developing the TezEdge node, a new node shell for Tezos. In addition to our main project, we also develop tools for blockchain developers, such as the TezEdge Node Explorer. We regularly post articles about Tezos, step-by-step guides and detailed explanations of the inner workings of Tezos.
We are looking for an experienced developer who is ready to immediately contribute to our work on the new Tezos node.
As our codebase is in Rust, we expect you to be familiar with the language or you are prepared to learn it quickly. We are currently in the midst of a 2 year project and we expect you to begin pulling your weight as soon as possible.
What we expect of you:
- Since we are creating software that handles large financial values, we place an emphasis on developing solutions that have the highest possible degree of security, with a secondary objective being speed and performance. We expect you to adopt this mindset when you begin working with us.
- You will develop and maintain the Tezos node. Day-to-day tasks include working on P2P networks, databases, cryptography, APIs and consensus algorithms.
- Having a solid overview of Tezos and other blockchain platforms is useful, but not necessary
- As a developer, we also want you to contribute to the growing number of guides, articles and progress updates about the TezEdge node.
- At least 2 years of programming experience with Rust.
- 4+ years in systems programming, that may include other languages (C++,...).
- Have experience with advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Secure coding practices.
- Debugging, profiling and performance optimization skills.
- Multithreaded programming knowledge.
- Network programming skills.
- Key-value store optimization skills.
- Attention to the quality and readability of your code.
- Passion to hack on Linux systems.