Headquarters: Boston, MA
Join the Electra Vehicles team as we revolutionize Energy Storage!
We are a Boston-based B2B company developing the most unique and patented AI Software to optimize the performance of Battery Packs across a wide range of industries. Electra’s AI Adaptive Controls Technology and Analytics Platform work in tandem to improve Electric Vehicle battery pack performance, lifetime, and safety, across entire eFleets.
Our Focus is in the Automotive Industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management and analytics, and more. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed into the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Seed Round of fundraising and are now building the organization to develop and deliver to our customers and their overwhelming demand for our technology.
- Researching, testing, implementing, and evaluating IoT communication patterns, both from industry standards as well as bleeding edge
- Focus on efficiency (cost + speed/performance), security, and extendability
- Ability to rapidly prototype (hardware + software), document and iterate on findings throughout the development process
- Ability to look ahead and consider scalability of design decisions
- Work with data consumers on developing data ingestion and processing pipelines
- Work with data producers (including external customers) on handling various in-vehicle/cross-vehicle/fleet architectures and how to build a platform to broadly support new and changing features and architectures
- Experience prototyping and (ideally) deploying an IoT device(s) / system(s), including the designs around which hardware to use for each stage
- Able to efficiently communicate design trade-offs and learnings from the development and deployment process (what went well, what could have been done better?)
- Experience with or knowledge of over-the-air (OTA) updates
- Experience with or knowledge of IoT communication and networking protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, LoRa, LTE) and ability to describe the tradeoffs of each (or combinations of each)
- AWS IoT experience, and ability to speak clearly about how they used it (e.g., a specific project), which part they used (IoT core vs greengrass, etc), and ability to explain why they went with the option that they did compared to the others
- Knowledge of AWS streaming (Kinesis/Firehose) and big data databases (AWS Athena, Hadoop/Hive, Redshift, S3)
- Flexible remote schedule
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Continued skill growth with company wide training
Electra Vehicles, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Electra Vehicles complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All applicants will be considered, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.