We are currently looking for a skilled & passionate Director Tech (m/f/d) to become part of and direct our Tech & Product unit of SCAYLE.
SCAYLE is the B2B division ofABOUT YOUand enables brands and retailers to build up an international D2C business with three service components: commerce technology, online marketing, and commerce operations. Leading brands like Marc O’Polo, Depot, The Founded, orTom Tailorare already SCAYLE customers. Furthermore we are the partner of thriving new ventures like WhyNot or 6PM. By now, the SCAYLE Commerce Engine powers 100 online shops in 26 European countries.
Director Tech – SCAYLE (m/f/d)
, you will direct a ~25-member team of developers and product owners together with our
Director Delivery – SCAYLE (m/f/d).
With your deep understanding of structures and procedures for building and implementing digital products and software development, you will play a key role in growing SCAYLE which is one of the strategic core pillars of
What you will do
- Build complex & high scalable technical solutions in close cooperation with our core teams, the SCAYLE clients and our CTO Sebastian
- Draft architectural decisions and ensure reliable and state-of-the-art products
- Lead a world-class team of engineers and collaborate with designers to ship new components and features
- Challenge and mentor your engineers to come up with excellent implementation approaches producing a reliable and resilient state-of-the-art product
- Contribute actively to set up our processes and the organization for future growth
- Work within a dynamic & international environment with an agile working culture using methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Work in an agile & international team with flat hierarchies and very short decision-making process
Who you are
- You are very proficient in developing high-scalable software products with a focus on frontend topics using VueJS or a similar technology
- PHP and Laravel as well as backend experience is a plus
- You have a deep understanding about Software Architecture and Infrastructure setups in the cloud (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud)
- You write well-structured, efficient and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check
- You have a deep understanding of data messaging and microservices
- You feel comfortable with people management topics and have worked in a leading role in a fast-changing environment before
- You think and act like an entrepreneur and take decisions based on important business metrics
- Grow together with one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe
- Flexible working times
- 40% discount on our online shop
- Fresh fruits + drinks everywhere
- Language courses (German & English)
- Free sports courses & reduced price for gym membership
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Free choice of hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux) also for private usage
- State-of-the-art tech stack running on AWS
- Modern office in the city center of Hamburg
- International working environment and English as company language
- Agile work environment (MOVE) and cross-functional teams
- Free access to Germany’s greatest developer conference code.talks
- Company pension scheme
- Free access to online learning platforms like Laracast, Egghead and A Cloud Guru
- Help in relocation and VISA process
YOU ARE THE CORE OF ABOUT YOU.
We take responsibility for creating an inclusive and exceptional environment where all genders, nationalities and ethnicities feel welcomed and accepted exactly as they are. We believe that a diverse workforce essentially contributes to the ABOUT YOUculture. In order to maintain talent and diversity, we emphasize the care for physical health, mental health and overall well-being. Our values and work ethics essentially contribute to our brand mission: empower acceptance and shape an inclusive, fair and circular fashion culture.
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents. :)