Headquarters: Pittsburgh, PA (USA)
We are looking for a developer to help us build excellent web-based applications and mobile apps. In return, we want to help you put the right mix of the right work into the Big Picture of your life.
We work with great clients on fun projects. A few examples of current and recent work include:
- Working with leading researchers at the University of Pittsburgh, Yale, and Carnegie Mellon to build mobile and web apps behind life-changing research projects.
- Leading the development of passive sensing mobile apps to help depressed youth.
- Working with a world-class clinical care team to build an app / messaging system to help guide young adults to good health using a machine learning-based recommender system.
- Growing an e-commerce integration product (flowlink.io) that allows online retailers to easily automate many of their most tedious tasks.
- Building e-commerce integrations for companies you have heard of.
NuRelm provides a wide range of experience, plenty of room for professional growth, a fun workplace, and an environment where everyone on the team is valued. We are looking for a smart person who loves the Web, loves to learn, and enjoys working on a variety of technologies and projects. It's important that you know your stuff with technology, and it's equally important that you enjoy your work, and like the idea of becoming part of the brilliant, kind, and compassionate team we've been lucky enough to assemble at NuRelm.
- Very comfortable with Rails, MySQL, Git (2 to 5 years min).
- Experienced building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experienced working with and on Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Habits that include test-driven development and an agile project approach
- Experienced assembling projects from the ground up, and the eye for architecture and planning that goes with that.
- A North American time zone and strong English communication skills (we have a local team in Pittsburgh, but also work with remote developers).
- Data science background, particularly using Python with machine learning packages such as scikit-learn
- Familiar with React and React Native.
- Experienced with Sinatra, AWS, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experienced with working remotely.
- Know your way around Docker and typical stacks such as Rails / Unicorn / Nginx.
- Familiar and willing to do an occasional project with PHP.
Successful Team Members Will Be ...
- Happy working with a remote team through Slack, Hangouts, and whatever works. Our team includes a local Pittsburgh office, where staff works in the office 2 out of 5 days each week, and completely remote team members.
- Excellent communicators, via written and spoken English, and via technical documentation of processes.
- Hungry learners who love digging deep and keeping up with new technologies.
- Willing mentors who enjoy helping fellow team members develop.
- Willing to work for eight solid hours per day where at least six overlap with 8:30am to 5:30pm EST, including a daily 9am EST team scrum.
- Available to work off-hours as necessary, and participate in rotating on-call schedules.
- Happy to travel occasionally for team meetings and events.