Headquarters: New York City, NY
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer II passionate about building approachable, innovative and user-first experiences to join our small but growing Engineering team. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining backend and frontend functionality across all of Morning Brew’s applications. We’re looking for someone who leans backend but is dangerous enough on the frontend of the stack. Preferably, you have strong Ruby on Rails experience but you’re also very interested in helping the team move away from Rails. This role sits within Product and reports to the Director of Engineering.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Building out new and enhancing existing internal tools, consumer facing websites & newsletter experiences
- Helping to shape and build paid products and services within our new and fast moving Education arm of the company
- Helping to maintain a couple legacy Rails 5 monolithic applications while also helping to decide how we break these apart or retire as needed.
- Building new services in an event driven architecture and seeing the service through from inception to production
- Collaborating with the engineering team, performing code review and helping to set best development practices and guidelines
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Product Designers and other engineers to plan, design and implement business requirements
What makes you qualified?
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with a strong focus on building, maintaining and deploying production ready code within a event driven architecture
- 1+ years of experience building, deploying and maintaining GraphQL or REST APIs
- 1+ years of experience managing Linux-based systems in a public cloud like AWS or GCP
- Strong experience in Ruby is preferred; Golang experience is a huge plus
- Strong experience in building paid products and services is preferred
- You can work independently and are comfortable owning entire projects and/or large areas of the code base
- You are passionate about creating & maintaining good principled software patterns for others on the team to follow
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment and willing to wear many hats
Our General Tech Stack:
- REST and GraphQL APIs
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
· Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
· Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
· Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives.
· Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.
Please let the company know you found this position on
remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you
with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs