Our work in education is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. An example of our work is our partnership with Summit Learning — a personalized approach to education developed by Summit Public Schools in partnership with learning scientists, researchers, and academics. With Summit Learning, students gain the skills, knowledge and habits to succeed in college and enter adulthood with a clear vision for achieving purpose and wellbeing in life.
The Education Infrastructure team supports the development and operations of the Summit Learning Platform, currently serving hundreds of schools across 39 states and the District of Columbia. By building shared tools, infrastructure, and APIs, we ensure that the platform is reliable, performant, and secure. In this role, you will partner closely with members of the product engineering team and the core infrastructure team to cultivate shared best practices that allow the entire team to rapidly improve our product.
- Analyze and improve reliability, performance, and security of CZI Education’s products and build shared components that benefit multiple teams and products at once
- Build, and maintain core infrastructure services in AWS and Heroku, in the process managing infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Contribute to redesigns of our infrastructure and platform to enable future product development
- Improve developer infrastructure including including CI pipelines, continuous deployment processes, monitoring and observability tools, and development environments
- Improve developer experience through tooling and platform innovation
- Identify and automate critical workflows improving team efficiency and software quality
- Build off of and contribute back to the open-source ecosystem
- 2+ years relevant coding experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud services
- Experience building tools for application performance, continuous integration and deployment, or developer environments
- Experience with a scripting language such as Ruby or Python
- Shown ability to independently define project requirements and ship high-quality software
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, including eligible booster(s), will be required for all employees (with the exception of reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious beliefs). All visitors coming onsite to a CZI facility are required to show proof of COVID vaccination or take an onsite COVID test.