ABOUT THE JOB
We Make Websites is the Shopify Plus agency for international brands. Our team of 70+ design, develop and optimize e-commerce websites for some of the world’s most exciting DTC and heritage brands. Our client portfolio includes: Pangaia, Hasbro, BBC, Paul Valentine, David Beckham Eyewear, Totême, Toast, This Works, Jigsaw, Harper Collins and more.
As a front-end developer, you'll be working as part of a cross-functional team of developers, designers, solutions consultants and agile project managers, to build best-in-class e-commerce websites on Shopify Plus.
Your job will see you working closely with our team of UX/UI designers bringing their designs to life, creating exceptional e-commerce experiences: from high-converting homepages to perfectly crafted product pages.
You'll be doing this alongside a talented team of developers, using a continually evolving set of modern front-end tooling.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally able to work in the EDT timezone.
Bonus points if you have...
- Passion for design
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with Figma, Invision or Sketch
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, Hybris or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Beyond a competitive salary, we offer benefits that will push your career forward and improve your wellbeing. We're flexible and digital-first, which means better benefits and higher performance. You decide if you prefer to work from your home or the office.
Perform at your best
- Unlimited home-office spend
- Unlimited training budget
- New MacBook Pro
- Access to a local office or co-working space
- Company get-togethers in London at least once a year, all expenses paid
- Regular socials: to keep our teams connected, to celebrate our wins, and sometimes… well, just because!
- Clear promotion paths for those who excel, including managerial and individual contributor routes
- Regular 1-to-1 support incl. informal monthly reviews and biannual pay reviews
- Monthly elected MVP + prizes'
Work that fits your lifestyle
- 15 days vacation paid + your birthday off + 6 public holidays + 1 extra day per year [US employees]
- 15 days vacation paid + your birthday off + 10 public holidays + 1 extra day per year [Canadian employees]
- Generous private dental and healthcare plans with 100% cover [US employees]
- Flexible working hours, including daytime appointments (for health, wellness, life admin etc)
- No-questions-asked personal days (sick, personal, time off)
- 3 paid days for volunteering and charity work
- Ubereats/Deliveroo monthly lunch allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Apply using the button below.
No recruiters, please.