Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
We're taking enterprise search and merchandising to the next level! We're growing the team and the business as we continue to seek exciting new challenges. Join us!
We are looking for an open minded and enthusiastic DevOps engineer to lead and scale our DevOps team, the infrastructure and developer experience at Findify and to help hundreds of our clients succeed. You will be reporting to, and collaborating closely with our CTO.
If you're excited about the latest technologies in operations, care about the developer experience and are excited about applying your engineering skills in automation, we'd love for you to join us!
At Findify, we operate a mix of multi-tenant and single-tenant microservices, where we leverage GitOps and Kubernetes heavily to provide a great experience for our engineers as well as our clients. If you love working as a DevOps or an SRE, if you have previously lead in this field or if you would like to level up and become a lead, we could well be the perfect place for you!
What is Findify?
We’re a small, stable and well funded scaleup providing solutions for custom search and personalization solutions for e-commerce. We’re a fully remote company with an engineering team distributed across a number of different countries in CET +-2 time zones, including places such as Portugal, Georgia, Germany, Slovenia and Lebanon. Our strong values and sense of community have been the key to our success – we now serve over 1500 stores in more than 50 countries. We have ambitious plans for the coming year - we plan to grow the business and the organization substantially. We’d love for you to join us on this journey!
What you’ll be doing:
As a DevOps engineer on our team, you'll be working with one other mid-level DevOps developer and the software teams to maintain and operate our infrastructure and to further develop and architect our service on top of gitops and Kubernetes for operating tenant environments.
Your tasks will include
- You will play a key role in planning what’s next on our infrastructure roadmap, designing, developing and rolling out new services and changes.
- Work in close collaboration with fellow engineering managers, and our CTO to whom you will be reporting.
- Building and maintaining Findify's monitoring, alerting, CI and CD flows
- Expanding and improving our Terraform and Ansible efforts
- Maintaining and improving our Kubernetes clusters
- Embracing feedback on your specs and your code as an opportunity for continuous improvement and collaborative design, and carrying out spec and code review for your coworkers
- Caring for knowledge transfer and mentoring others on the team, whether they're overall more junior or just less experienced in your specific domain of expertise
- Continuous learning of different DevOps paradigms and exciting new technologies
- Being an effective technical and non-technical communicator (our company language is English)
You’ll really thrive in this role if you:
- Are excited about the cloud native software ecosystem
- Visualize and reason through large, interdependent infrastructure set up across multiple regions and can contribute to it's architecture
- Have experience with Infrastructure as Code, e.g. via Terraform or similar
- Bring crystal clarity to complex and ambiguous ideas and projects
- Have comprehensive knowledge of AWS, particularly the PaaS parts such as EC2, EKS, VPC and networking
- Appreciate good developer experience and make ours even better by introducing new tools and iterating on processes
- Are generous with your communication, whether it is about new ideas, praise, or very kindly phrased constructive feedback
- Like to learn new things, have an open mind and want to share your knowledge with your coworkers, helping them to grow
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
Impact and culture - Findify is still a pretty small company going into a growth phase so this is the perfect opportunity for you if you're excited about joining a team where you can have a lot of impact and take a lot of ownership over your work. The DevOps team especially is a great opportunity for you if you want to leave your mark and contribute to the culture, as the team is positioned in a place where your contributions can make an outsized positive impact on the daily lives of others at Findify as well as our customers.
Developer experience - Despite being small, we're a high tech company, and especially in the recent years we've focused a lot on developer experience. We have a cutting edge tech stack (TypeScript and Scala with Kubernetes deployments via gitops) with no legacy tools and a keen interest in keeping it that way - so if you're excited about learning new technologies in a laid back, collaborative environment where quality software and engineering experience are among the first priorities, we are a good fit for you.
Work life balance - We're a remote team and have found this a recipe for success for the whole company. We're also stable and well funded and pay competitive market salaries for all our positions. This has made us successful especially during the global pandemic where we've been able to grow the company and keep all positions intact while supporting our staff with young children and other family members to care for. We care about quality of work, collaborative processes and tangible results - we want you to be available and responsive during usual working hours in case your coworkers need something from you, but we’re very flexible when the circumstances arise. We have kids at home from daycare making appearances on calls sometimes, and you can book a slot in your work calendar for the appointment with your doctor or your dentist without feeling guilty. It’s important that we’re communicative and as responsive as possible when that happens, but sometimes we need some flexibility on when we get the focused work done and we understand that completely.
The interview process is:
- An intro chat
- A soft skill interview
- Take home technical assignment with a follow up chat
- Technical interview with the task review