About the job
As a Front End Engineer at Follow Up Boss, you'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. You'll write clean and functional code on the front-end. You'll collaborate closely with our engineering team to ensure system consistency and to create a great user experience. You'll write reusable and maintainable code that is secure and scales well. You'll help ensure code quality with automated and functional testing along with peer review. Ultimately, your work will have direct impact on the stability and user experience of our products.
Why would you want to work here?
We’re a bootstrapped, profitable company started back in April of 2011. We're a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers and we don’t just claim to be customer-centric - we live it. We're fully remote and have been since day 1. Here's a few more reason's we think you'll love working here - and be sure to check out our video on how we work:
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary - top 10% in US; for this position the range is $130K - $146K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
- Contribute to providing elegant and simple solutions that delight our customers. You'll help create products that are not only amazing to look at, but intuitive, simple, and help our customers achieve their goals every day.
This role is for you if...
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- You have superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- You are based in the United States (or similar time zone)
- You are happy to have direct communication with customers (we are customer driven).
Your qualifications include:
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is required.
- Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- 4+ years of experience in web development.
- Experience with UI best practices and design detail.
- Proficient in modern design/prototyping tools (e.g. Figma)
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Pragmatic decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Focus on improving our design kit and accurately translating design to front end components.
- Develop and improve our application.
- Help fix issues with the application.
- Learn and grow as an engineer to bring value to the team and our customers.
30 Day Targets
- Become familiar with our product and codebase.
- Pair with fellow engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work.
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it.
60 Day Targets
- Implement improvements for new and existing front end components.
- Address visual oddities or regressions in the product.
- Contribute to our UI kit by making additions to Storybook.
90 Day Targets
- Update Figma components to be in sync with Storybook components
- Further tackle UI regressions and update old UIs.
- Help to implement and improve our layout, tooltip, and dropdown strategies in the product.
- Facilitate design to components for upcoming projects to be leveraged by other engineers.
Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
Our Employment Package Includes
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
💰 Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
👩🏾⚕️ Insurance: Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
🍼 Family leave: generous family leave - fully paid!
💻 Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
👩🏻🏫 Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
🤑 401(k): With 6% company match!
✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
☕️ Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital and audio - you like, anytime.
💪 Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
☕️ Money each month to spend on caffeine.