Headquarters: Leiden, the Netherlands
“When I joined the company as one of the earliest employees four years ago, we brought the minimum viable product to market in less than a year, and since then we‘ve continuously improved and professionalized. We’re in a brand-new phase every year; it’s impossible to grow bored. And of course, I also like that we’re continuously winning. We’re a trusted industry partner now, with tangible success.” – Bart Römgens, lead software engineer Applications & Integrations
For this role, we are looking for a high-performing software engineer at junior, medior or senior level. Depending on your experience, we will adjust the weight of the responsibilities of this role. As long as we believe in your talent and see a match with our team, we’re confident we have interesting challenges to offer!
What you will do
You will work in a small, dedicated team designing and implementing data structures, algorithms, interactive visualizations and user interfaces to share these insights with clients via web applications and APIs. You build these features end-to-end; you work on databases, application logic and user interfaces. Core areas you will work on as a full stack developer:
- Design, implement, test and deploy our web applications that offer actionable information about the health and performance of industrial machines
- Improve our web applications for IoT device fleet monitoring and advanced data analysis
- Further develop and scale our infrastructure and backend systems
- Gather requirements from different stakeholders
- Build functional APIs to expose our services
- Code reviews, continuous integration, automation and daily deployments
How we work
The development team uses its own simple, practical and functional methodology, allowing you to fully focus on software engineering without having to switch tasks. You will work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility. We take pride in combining professionalism, trust and very few meetings.
The development team
The software engineering team currently consists of 11 developers (5 experienced seniors, the others juniors or mediors) working on a large architecture covering a wide domain, from signal processing on our edge devices through dashboarding for different user groups. Continuous improvement and daily deployments are at the heart of the high level of quality we deliver. The applications & integrations team develops new features that provide insight into the health and performance of our customers’ industrial machines, as well as supporting our partners in monitoring their fleet of IoT devices.
Since we work on cutting-edge technology, we use an up-to-date stack:
- The team prefers to use Linux distributions for their development environments
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Fully-remote set up
- Ability to work part time (4 days)
- Access to a wide range of learning programs
- The chance to work on cutting-edge technology that affects industry worldwide
- A high-performing software engineering team
- A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
We are looking for a high-quality full stack developer. For juniors, we look at potential as demonstrated by academic result and/or extracurricular projects. For seniors and mediors, we also look at (quality of) work experience.
If your background is not in full stack, but you would like to actively develop your range of expertise, you are also welcome to apply.
Mandatory skills and experience:
- Experience in designing, building, testing and deploying modern web applications
- Backend experience with at least one of the following: Python, Java, C++, or Node.js
- Frontend experience with at least one modern front-end framework: Angular, React, Vue, Polymer, or web components
Experience with any or all of the following is a big plus!
- Relational and non-relational databases such as:
PostgreSQL / MySQL / MSSQL / Oracle
DynamoDB / Cassandra / MongoDB / Kafka
- Prior professional experience working in scale-ups
Please let the company know you found this position on
remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you
with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs