Headquarters: Kansas City, MO
- We value collaboration. That's often shown through pair programming, mentoring juniors & interns, engaging in healthy PR dialogue, defined OpenAPI specs, ongoing learning presentations, as well as just being a supportive & vulnerable human being.
- We value iteration. MVPs. Small tickets. Small PRs. v2's. All documents are living documents.
- We value automated testing. Our CI/CD pipeline is testing around the clock and deploying regularly. Many of us do TDD as well.
- We value a balanced mix of work. We routinely pay down tech debt. We write internal documentation. We improve tooling. We help educate our teammates.
- You can read more about our values over on the company About Us page (https://aware3.com/careers).
- Recent culture survey response quotes: "I love that I can bring my authentic self to work. Thank you for creating that space.", "Thanks for actively checking in to make sure we are healthy (mentally and physically) during covid and pushing for policies that are inclusive.", "NCE definitely gives a shit"
- Experience in modern PHP development.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively (https://a3a.me/cWbXT).
- Knowledge, ability, and especially willingness to write automated testing.
- Familiarity with Bash, Docker, AWS ECS, and CodePipeline.
- Experience with Kanban or Scrum.
- Understanding of Human-Centered Design and a drive for UX excellence.
- Consistently implement solutions by writing concise, efficient, testable code.
- Responsible for code written, including writing tests and patching bugs.
- Explore requirements and recommend solutions to achieve those needs.
- Support teammates and end users with code fixes and day-to-day interactions.
- Focus on continuous improvement and regularly delivering value to production.
Our Tools & Technologies
- Back End: PHP (Laravel and Slim), MySQL, Caching, Queues, Events, & more.
- DevOps: AWS (ECS, Aurora, Elasticache, Route53, & more), Terraform.
- Front End: Vue, Knockout, Webpack, Grunt. Karma, Mocha, Chai, Visual Regression Testing, pa11y.
- QA: Codeception, PHPunit, Chromedriver, Appium.
- Mobile: Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C, Java.
- Misc: Bash, Docker, GitHub Actions, Twilio, Sendgrid, Firebase, and more. We embrace new tech and best practices frequently.
Our hiring process
- Code sample request
- Chat with hiring manager (60 minutes)
- Skills interview with a panel (60 minutes)
- Come help our clients engage and grow their communities
Comp & Benefits
- Annual salary range is $80k - $84k for Junior Engineer, $85-$99k for Engineer, $100k - $135k for Senior Engineer.
- 4.2 weeks ETO + 7 holidays + 4 floating holidays
- Free health insurance (associate-only, bronze plan, meets requirements). Very affordable rates if you add on from there.
- Up to $1.8k in pre-tax HSA wellness incentives & $300 in wellness reimbursements.
- 401k w/ 4% match
- Paid parental leave
- Company laptop provided + remote office setup stipend
- Tuition assistance, up to $5,250 / year
- Matching charitable gifts. 1:1 for most, 3:1 for educational 501(c)3's