Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
At Gruntwork, we have created a library of production-grade infrastructure code that is used by thousands of developers around the world. We are getting more support & maintenance requests for the library than our small team can currently handle, so we are hiring contractors to help us scale the team up and down in response to inquiry volume. Although you would start as a contractor, focused on support & maintenance, this is a job with a view to full-time employment!
This is a contractor position, paid based on an hourly rate. We expect an average of 10 hours of work per week though it'll fluctuate up and down, with more hours on some weeks (e.g., 30 hours) and fewer hours on other weeks (e.g., 0 hours).
What You'll Work On
- Infrastructure as Code Library: create and maintain reusable infrastructure modules for a variety of infrastructure (e.g., EKS, ECS, RDS, VPC, Lambda, EC2, S3, ElastiCache, etc.), using a variety of tools (e.g., Terraform, Go, Python, Bash, Docker, Packer, etc.), atop AWS.
- Document team knowledge: Capture siloed knowledge and create knowledgebase articles, runbooks, and other documentation for the internal team as well as Gruntwork customers.
- Open Source: contribute to our open source projects, including Terragrunt, Terratest, cloud-nuke, bash-commons, and more.
- You have a strong background in software engineering, with 5+ years of experience.
- You have deep experience with AWS.
- You use Terraform on a daily basis to write Infrastructure as Code.
- Ability to write Golang and Bash is a nice to have!
- You hate doing the same thing twice and would rather spend the time to automate a problem away than do the same work again.
- You have strong communication skills in English and are comfortable engaging with external customers.
- You have a passion for learning new technologies and languages.
- You live within our time zone bounds (GMT-7 to GMT+3).
- You're interested in working an average of 10 hours/week.
- You can respond to support & maintenance requests within a 2 business day SLA.