Headquarters: Austin, TX / Ames, IA USA
What drives us? Helping new merchants succeed with WooCommerce by empowering them with a world-class checkout & payment experience that they can offer their shoppers.
- help WooCommerce merchants succeed with our checkout platform
- walk the fine line between user "wants" and needs, keeping an eye out for trends and valuable product insights.
- use critical thinking to identify and investigate bottlenecks and bugs.
- validate new features and fixes, and suggest improvements.
Your role will often require you to solve tricky riddles that go far beyond basic troubleshooting. To succeed, you will need:
- some hands-on experience with front-end development
- a deep understanding of what it takes to build trust and empathy with the customer
- Learn more about front-end development and testing
- Help us refine our customer-driven culture
- possess native-level fluency in written English;
- understand how to build trust through clarity and empathy in writing
- are comfortable with written, asynchronous communication and self-directed work
On a technical level, you:
- understand how the web works and are comfortable with its core technologies
- have some professional front-end development experience
- are not intimidated by your browser's Developer Tools
Bonus points if you have:
- previously supported a software product
- worked with WordPress and WooCommerce