Headquarters: Washington, DC
Cancer Support Community (CSC), the largest nonprofit provider of social and emotional support for people affected by cancer, is seeking a Research Data Manager for the Research & Training Institute (RTI). The RTI conducts novel psychosocial, behavioral, and survivorship research to advance scientific knowledge, inform policy initiatives, and support development of supportive care programming and education. The primary activities of this position are survey programming, data quality assurance checks, management of research data, creation of datasets for investigators, and preparation of reports with data tables, charts, and visualizations to clearly share results.
The Research Data Manager will support a wide variety of research projects, including executing aspects of data collection, management, and reporting activities. This role has visibility into many of the RTI’s research projects, providing significant opportunity for professional growth. Strong data management and process documentation skills, attention to detail, and proficiency with research technology are paramount in this role.
- Program, design, and test surveys using Voxco and Qualtrics.
- Assure data are properly collected and processed and survey systems are maintained.
- Perform data cleaning and collaborate with investigators to resolve issues encountered that affect data integrity.
- Prepare datasets for analysis by investigators according to regular schedule and timeline.
- Assist in the definition, specification, and documentation of data and security requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on survey development and data specification and structure.
- Configure incentive management system and monitor dissemination.
- Prepare internal and external reports with tables, charts, and visualizations to clearly share results.
- Manage technology accounts and coordinate with third-party vendors (e.g., Voxco, Qualtrics).
- Write detailed documentation/specifications for analysis data sets and related files.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- Mastery of SPSS, Stata, or R preferred.
- Proficiency with survey programming and data management.
- 3 years related experience.
- Additional education (Master’s level) may substitute for required experience.
- Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
- Experience with marketing and outreach for online surveys a bonus.
- Experience contributing to development of IRB materials, grant submissions, and publications or other dissemination tactics a bonus.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer comprehensive medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage; paid vacation and sick time; short-term and long-term disability insurance; flex spending accounts: transit, healthcare, and dependent care; life insurance; and optional participation in an employee-contribution retirement plan with employer match.
CSC offers several options for where you may work. The position may be located at a CSC office in Philadelphia or Washington DC on a full-time basis or on a hybrid (in office/ work from home) model. You may also choose to work remotely from any location in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter that describes how your experience and skills relate to the above-described responsibilities and qualifications of this position.