We are looking for talented engineers to architect and build the next evolution of our infrastructure strategy! As part of the Platform Infrastructure team, you will be working closely with our top engineers and technical leaders to research and develop the next generation of our infrastructure. We’ve learned a lot during our company’s rapid growth, and are now looking to revolutionize our infrastructure and solve exciting problems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Defining cloud infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code (Packer, Terraform, and Ansible).
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining tools built from the ground up in support of self-service, quality, security, and compliance initiatives.
- Consulting with engineering teams to help them leverage our platform and tools.
- Collaborating with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-service platform that acts as a force multiplier for developer productivity.
- Creating abstractions over infrastructure technology to deliver a streamlined user experience while enforcing guardrails for security and business requirements.
- Researching, selecting, and deploying new technologies.
- Finding ways to deliver more functionality at less cost.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills, with a high degree of proficiency and/or mastery in cloud architecture.
- Forward-looking strategic thinking, to solve problems and meet needs before they arise, always striving to find things to improve.
- Experience developing infrastructure and automation solutions in an always up, always available, security-first environment.
- Experience with infrastructure components from the low-level (subnets and peering connections) to the high-level (containers and load balancers).
- Proficiency with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer in a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of security and compliance best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical documentation.
Nice to Have
- Experience implementing and supporting a containerization platform with tools such as Docker, Nomad, and Kubernetes.
- Prior hands-on experience with Hashicorp products such as Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Experience with AWS services, including low-level EC2, VPC, and AMI; and managed services like ELB, EKS, RDS, S3, and ElastiCache.
- A background in software development or similar product-oriented work.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!