Headquarters: Tempe, AZ
Location: EMEA, Remote - United Kingdom or South Africa
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for a dedicated Android Engineer to work within the Mobile Ventures area of GoDaddy which consists of many teams working on native mobile applications. This position is specifically within the Creation squad which focuses on the image, text, video and canvas editor experiences of GoDaddy Studio.
- Work on the GoDaddy Studio Android app within the larger GoDaddy organisation
- Focus on lower-level rendering technologies to improve the canvas experience, this would include writing shaders with OpenGL and using MediaCodec APIs to transcode videos
- Write and maintain modern native mobile applications in Kotlin
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle, from conceptualisation to shipping
- Apply agile methodologies to software development
- Be accountable for code quality and write unit and integration tests
- Be encouraged to contribute to architectural discussions
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting Software Engineering standard methodologies in the larger Android engineering guild context
- Contribute to a roster for supporting the application when bugs arise
- Follow SLAs around resolving security findings
Your experience should include...
- 4+ years of professional mobile Android Software Engineering experience
- Familiarity with native Android mobile development framework and tools
- Engaged about using technology to build outstanding user experiences
- The desire to develop proficiencies in OpenGL and MediaCodec API’s
- Familiarity with Android frameworks and tools; to be more specific, ViewModels, LiveData, View Binding, Work Manager, Retrofit, Room and Navigation Component
- Experience with designing, implementing, and utilising RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Good level of English – both written and spoken
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
You might also have...
- Familiarity with MVI/MVVM architecture pattern
- Functional state management (We use Spotify’s Mobius framework specifically)
- Low level graphics related experience — Canvas API, bitmaps, shaders etc.
- MediaCodec, OpenGL, or other low-level video and graphics experience
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.