We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer in Test to join the Quality Engineering group and help us develop reliable and scalable automated tests for our infrastructure and platforms. This role will be instrumental in helping Olo release high-quality software.
You'll support one or more smart, passionate engineering teams dedicated to delivering amazing products, and will initially focus on our data and platform infrastructure teams. You'll work with developers and Quality Advocates to prevent defects and performance issues with collaborative test planning and execution. We believe testing, and automating tests, is a craft requiring training and skill. We invest in our employees. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves, and challenge each other to grow.
You can work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote.
What You'll Do
- Work as a supporting contributor to several development teams, helping them build and execute cutting edge automated tests and performance suites
- Partner with quality advocates to plan and prioritize efficacious automated test coverage
- Develop comprehensive, stable, and reusable automated tests at the UI and API level
- Create, update, and execute load and performance tests and identifying and investigating performance bottlenecks
- Analyze and troubleshoot application, environment, and infrastructure issues
- Build creative solutions for generating reusable test data
- Build and maintain jobs on a continuous integration build server
- Design and implement cutting edge automated test frameworks and custom testing tools
What We'll Expect From You
- You are familiar with standard object-oriented programming concepts such as classes, interfaces, DRY architecture, abstraction layers, and standard design patterns such as factories and page objects
- You are experienced with industry-standard tools such as Selenium, Postman, RestAssured, or K6
- You've worked with large datasets are comfortable performing data comparisons, including working with and understanding SQL and testing data flows
- You have strong opinions on test automation best practices, and will help the Olo QE team improve our existing processes
- You are comfortable in git, and can checkout, push, merge, and rebase
- You are comfortable with AWS infrastructure, CI tools, and containerization
- US Resident and Legal right to work in the U.S