Headquarters: London, UK
About the job
Upscope is looking for a new Technical Support Specialist.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you're someone who can work hand-in-hand with our Sales and Customer Success teams and help them explain how our product works and how it can be integrated into our customers’ existing stack. You’ll also help answer any technical questions from both our team and our customers.
The Technical Support Specialist will further help our Sales and Marketing team make sense of sales data and help them make sure the tools we use in our sales process work properly.
As our Technical Support Specialist, your day-to-day will look like this:
- Accompany our Sales team in calls with customers, explaining how our software works and how it can be integrated
- Answer technical questions from customers and the team
- Help our customers understand how to use our APIs and what kind or architecture / deployment makes more sense for them
- Liaise with the rest of the technical team when customers encounter bugs or other issues with the application
- Assist our Sales and Marketing teams in answering basic data questions by querying our databases and providing them with meaningful data
- Help make sure our technical documentation is up to date, clear, and accurate
While you don’t need to be an expert programmer, you’ll want to have a clear understanding of how the internet works, from the way a server works and data is stored to how requests are made over HTTP and how a page is rendered on the browser. We don’t need you to know how to center a <div> with CSS on the spot—but you need to know CSS is to blame when the <div> is not centered.
The following is required:
- Clear and concise communication style
- Experience with dealing with Customers and helping them solve tech issues
- Kindness, empathy, and a desire to help
- Good understanding of APIs, HTTP, browsers and how they’re all tied together
- Good business sense. You get why a customer needs our product
- Ability to join two tables in SQL and to explain what the difference between a LEFT JOIN and INNER JOIN is.
The following is not required but appreciated:
- Experience working in B2B SaaS