Senior Software Engineer - Golang
About Zapata Computing:
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
About the job
As a software engineer working on the Platform team, you'll have the opportunity to work on everything from the engine that powers the quantum workflow language to the systems that enable users to easily analyze workflow data. Behind everything Orquestra™ users see is the architecture built by the Platform team to keep it running. From Integrating quantum hardware to building the next generation of quantum software algorithms we make building Zapata’s quantum portfolio possible.
- Put the customer at the center of everything we do
- Team success as a shared accomplishment
- Open communication and willingness to respectfully engage with others
Role and Responsibilities:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Develop software for Zapata’s Orquestra™ Platform team.
- Install and update software, interfaces, database, and web services; provide implementation design, solutions, and resolutions to technical issues and general coding issues.
- Work with a team of software developers in a multi-feature development environment
- Engineer, record, and document solutions to common and difficult problems.
- Collaborate with the product team to improve the implementation and configuration of Zapata's products and platforms.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience
- Experience with Golang and cloud-native application development
- Experience with Golang testing frameworks (i.e. ginkgo)
- Experience building and maintaining high-volume transaction processing systems and big data platforms
- Extensive experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Extensive experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Comfortable with multi-feature Git environment and related best practices.
Bonus Points with Experience:
- workflow engines ( i.e. Argo Workflow, ray.io)
- contributing to Kubernetes based Cloud Agnostic Platforms
- working in a multi time-zone distributed team environment
- Option to be remote or come into the office. We have locations in Boston MA, Brentwood TN, and Toronto Ontario Canada
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.