Our work in education is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. We’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work to help every young person enter adulthood with the skills and abilities they need to reach their full potential — and equip every teacher with the tools and research they need to help students get there.
We know that when students feel supported, cared for, and understood, they thrive. Now more than ever, teachers and students need efficient and supportive tools to ensure education is anchored in relationships and well-being. Along is a new tool designed to achieve exactly that – a free, interactive video journal designed to foster meaningful connections between teachers and students.
Along provides a meaningful space where teachers and students can share one-on-one reflections via recorded video or text conversations and dive into important topics — such as managing stress, staying motivated, and navigating the new challenges these times present.
- Drive user impact and delight by working across the web stack, with an emphasis on server-side business logic, infrastructure, and integrations
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop and quickly iterate on products and features
- Define and drive team-wide initiatives such as performance, reliability, and developer efficiency
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers
- Strong experience shipping complex cloud-based applications end-to-end with minimal guidance (7+ years)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Ability and desire to mentor others in achieving engineering excellence and to be a catalyst on the team
- Eagerness to learn and grow as a software engineer and leader
- Strong communication, collaboration, and project management skills
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, including eligible booster(s), will be required for all employees (with the exception of reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious beliefs). All visitors coming onsite to a CZI facility are required to show proof of COVID vaccination or take an onsite COVID test.