Headquarters: United States
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink Labs is the market leader in providing a decentralized oracle solution for smart contracts to connect to real-world data and market prices of assets. The Data Feeds team seeks to equip oracle operators with proper insights in order to offer services backed by reliable data providers.
As a Data Scientist on the Data Feeds team, you will work closely with engineers and data analysts to build out robust monitoring and analytics of data sources that drive the Chainlink oracle data ecosystem. The current focus is price feeds on centralized and decentralized exchanges - analyzing price, liquidity, volatility, and will quickly evolve to other data types to meet the growing demands of the blockchain ecosystem. You will report to the engineering manager on the team.
- Partner with analysts to continuously improve data quality monitoring and scoring of data sources that powers the Chainlink ecosystem
- Develop models to detect early signs of a data provider misbehavior for the business to respond to before negative consequences occur
- Partner with engineering to build robust monitoring and alerting solutions to detect and triage anomalies
- Own data pipelines end to end to support your core functions and model reusable data sets as the data warehouse continues to grow
- Closely work with other data scientists at Chainlink Labs to improve craft and align on best practices.
- Professional experience working with financial market and exchange data.3+ years of professional Data Science experience
- Professional experience and comfort performing complex manipulation in SQL on large datasets
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling, pipeline, and warehousing
- Proficiency in programming fundamentals in a language such as Python or Golang
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners.
- Interest and/or experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- Professional experience working closely alongside an engineering team
- Professional experience in BigQuery
- Professional experience owning the development of a data pipeline from data lake to model
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.