Head of Engineering, Web Scraping at Corsearch
Why work at Pointer Brand Protection/Corsearch?
Our team analyzes millions of listings per day, ingesting data at a tera-scale rate. If that is not challenging enough, our overarching goal is to spot detrimental online activity for our customers and coordinate investigation activities in near real-time with advanced data-streaming and data-classification techniques. We run machine learning, image recognition, risk analysis and fraud detection algorithms in parallel to help clean the internet.
What do we ask of you?
There are a few skills you should master, but don’t be afraid; we strongly believe it is your character that determines whether you are a good fit for our team or not. Besides your experience and expertise, we would like you to bring excitement, speed, creativity and a moonshot attitude to the team. We thrive in a fast-paced, FUN startup environment, taking on many challenges at once. That is what we would like to see with you as well: a passion, a fire within.
- Solid experience in Go and multithreading programming;
- Proven experience in designing and implementing large data crawling architectures;
- Strong knowledge of crawling concepts such as page levels, web performance metrics, W3C standards and scraping tools;
- Familiar with common anti-scraping strategies (dynamic data loading, Reverse JS, IP proxy, cookie pool, authentication code, etc.);
- Proficient with Linux/Unix.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing technical teams and software projects;
- You are a pragmatic programmer who understands what is needed to get things done;
- Fluent communication skills in English;
- Focus on details and quality;
- Proactive and goal-oriented;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Customer focus: You have the ability to understand what the customer challenge is, and drive backwards to reliable and effective technical solutions;
- Raise the bar: Your solutions and technical advice are founded on your solid technical experience. You have managed one or more teams into continued success and your leadership prevails even in ambiguous scenarios;
- Lead and build: We grow. You grow. Your team grows. You take responsibility for the growth and development of your team and help everyone around you improve every day.
Useful to have:
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and its core products;
- Familiar with data streaming platforms such as Kafka or Kinesis.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 vacation days to recharge your batteries;
- Full time remote working;
- A laptop provided.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs