Principal Technical Mentor, Online at App Academy
- Confirm that students understand the technical content of the curriculum
- Provide supplementary explanations to students about ideas and techniques found in the curriculum
- Occasionally provide the answers during Q&A sessions for the cohort’s class
- Meet weekly with instructors and TAs to reconcile the progress of students’ learning journeys
- Suggest secondary resources to enhance student comprehension
- Provide qualitative feedback about students interactions with the curriculum content as part of the Curriculum Design Lifecycle
- Create new content for internal and external training
- Implement features in the learning management system
- Facilitate staff improvements through internal training
Experience and Qualifications
- Three years of hands-on software development experience creating and maintaining software in production
- One year of software development experience at a software company or two years of software development experience at a non-software company (within the last five years)
- One year of teaching adult learners or one year of verifiable success as a people manager
- Demonstrable competence of at least one of the following languages and associated frameworks: Ruby with Ruby on Rails, Python with Flask and SQL Alchemy, Java with Spring and JPA, C# with ASP.NET MVCand EF
- Demonstrably excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable capacity to judiciously handle interpersonal relationships with empathy
Nice To Have
- Demonstrable knowledge of devops tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Terraform
- Demonstrable knowledge of using microservice-based architecture
- Demonstrable knowledge of functional patterns and principles
- Take responsibility for student success:. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build like careers depend on it.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs