NOTE: This is currently a 6 month contract with possibility to extend, as the public health situation in sub-saharan Africa evolves
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to help us build and maintain our suite of country-scale logistics and program intelligence systems for distributed, occasionally-connected contexts.
As you'd expect, your job will include architecting, building and supporting clean, modular, well tested code; however as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will also help investigate user needs and design solutions alongside our other technology and subject-matter experts, playing a key role in building and delivering our mission-critical services.
As a software engineer you'll help to identify, advocate for and define new design patterns to address the unique challenges of distributed, offline-first systems for emerging markets. You will work closely with other developers in Berlin and Nigeria, supporting each other and collaborating through frequent code reviews and strong adherence to best practices, as we develop tools to shape health supply chains at scale in some of the fastest growing places in the world.
- 4+ years professional experience building and maintaining live enterprise systems
- Professional experience architecting software to address complex business needs (supply chain a plus)
- Excellent communication skills including experience working in cross-cultural settings
- A deep curiosity about information architecture, design patterns, and critical evaluation of new technologies
- Experience with serverless and event-driven application architectures
- MS/BA/BS in computer science, or comparable work experience
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think about solutions in an holistic way
- Location: Abuja or Berlin (travel encouraged but not required)
Language skills: English (fluent)
- Experience with data-driven decision-support systems
- Experience in designing for offline-first solutions or environments with unstable internet connections
- Experience with supply chain
- Experience in remote work with distributed teams