We’re looking for senior software engineers and engineering leads to help us build and maintain our suite of country-scale systems for distributed, occasionally-connected health supply chains.
We are a hands-on team and are looking for engineers who want to dive into the context as much as the code, and who understand that building great systems requires thoughtful architecture, clean code, and great teamwork. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will also help investigate user needs and design solutions alongside our other technology and subject-matter experts, playing a key role in building and delivering our mission-critical services, and if you choose, our mission-critical technology team.
As a software engineer you'll help to identify, advocate for and define new design patterns to address the unique challenges of distributed, offline-first systems for emerging markets. You will work closely with other developers in Europe and Nigeria, supporting each other and collaborating through frequent code reviews and strong adherence to best practices, as we develop tools to shape health supply chains at scale in some of the fastest growing places in the world.
- 8+ years professional experience architecting, building and maintaining live enterprise systems
- Proven track record of making significant business impact
- Professional experience architecting software to address complex business (supply chain or similarly quantitative field)
- Superb human communication skills and experience working in cross-cultural settings
- A deep curiosity about information architecture, design patterns, and critical evaluation of new technologies
- Experience with serverless and event-driven application architectures
- MS/BA/BS in computer science, or comparable work experience
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think about solutions in an holistic way
- Location: Abuja or Berlin (travel encouraged but not required)
Language skills: English (fluent)
- Experience with highly data-driven decision-support systems
- Experience in designing for offline-first solutions or environments with unstable internet connections
- Experience building and leading development teams