Full-stack engineer (React + Rails) at Almanac (San Francisco, CA)
About the Role
We’re looking for an independent and ambitious fullstack engineer who wants to make a big impact at this early stage in our roadmap.
As a engineer at Almanac, you will be responsible for building out the intuitive, interactive experiences that our customers need to organize their documentation, as well as contributing to the backend architecture and endpoints that we need to support those features.
Specifically, you will:
- Regularly build and ship high-impact features from scratch
- Write well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in standups, code reviews and retrospectives with our remote team
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering and the engineering team to make architecture and design decisions
- Help make sure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Set down standards around development, code review and deployment
Our tech stack
- Rails, Postgres, React, Algolia, Terraform
- Team size: 11-50 people
Things we love
- Deploying 20 times a day, simple JSON APIs, RSpec & Cypress, Algolia, git, giphy integrations, continuous delivery, Heroku, vim (ok, maybe just me), Tartine croissants
What you bring to the role
- You have at least 3 years of full stack experience, building frontends in React—or any other JS framework—whilst also being confident working with Ruby on the backend.
- You understand the tradeoffs between quality and speed in an early stage startup environment.
- You are passionate about getting things live and iterating fast.
- You’re confident writing automated tests, and you get excited by little green dots.
- You are a strong communicator and can clearly explain the tasks and tradeoffs for new features.
- You care about the feature as a whole, not just the implementation, and can make smaller decisions on your own when required.
Working at Almanac
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs