Want to join the #1 marketing data pipeline company and one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech companies?
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team!
You will make an impact by…
Helping us manage and grow our infrastructure from both a development and systems perspective, solving intriguing challenges such as big-scale caching of data across multiple clouds and regions.
We’re searching for someone who wants to think and breathe in Linux command line and has an interest in container management and scaling of large amounts of data. You’ll also have a great opportunity to use your expertise and interests to guide the technology choices we make.
Ideally, you’ll be located in Edmonton, but you can work anywhere in North America (US or Canada). You can work 100% remotely. We work tightly together online by having daily catch-ups with the team!
Your day-to-day work and responsibilities will include:
- Regular care/feeding of the infrastructure - reviewing logs, performance, alerts, etc to stabilize and improve the stability
- Maintenance, upgrades, backups, planning of systems/databases/pipelines
- Supporting development team with automation, testing, integrations
- Design/deploy new operations technologies and processes to support a fast-paced technology company
- Working with devops and development team members to solve problems and suggest/implement improvements
- Continually reviewing and improving network and application security
Technologies you’ll be working with:
- Programming/scripting (PHP, Python, Bash, NodeJS)
- Containers (Docker, Cloud Run, Fargate, Kubernetes)
- Cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure, Cloudflare)
- Configuration management (Terraform, Ansible)
- Application operation (Nginx, Apache, PHP, Python, Docker)
- Storage (MySQL, Redis, Object, Cloud-block, NFS)
- Logging/Monitoring (Datadog, OpenSearch, Logstash, Blackfire)
- CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Version control (git/github)
This role is for you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in devops and systems administration
- Strong Linux skills
- Understanding of Docker containers
- Strong experience in one or more cloud technology: Google Cloud, AWS
- Database management and tuning skills in SQL and NoSQL environments (MySQL, Postgres, Redis etc.)
- Strong programming experience (e.g. PHP or similar, Bash)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken)
In addition, we also appreciate it if you have:
- Terraform, Jenkins, and Packer experience
- Experience with business intelligence/data warehousing / ETL
- PHP skills
What’s in it for you?
The reason people love to work at Supermetrics is that we all work towards the same goal using our own individual strengths. We’re determined to achieve our vision of being the best business data pipeline company in the world.
At Supermetrics, we have unrivaled team spirit and a shared thirst for continuous learning and sharing our knowledge. We take our work seriously - not so much ourselves. We recognize our team as our greatest asset and take good care of our people.
Here’s more info about our culture and benefits!
And in case we haven’t met before, here’s Supermetrics in a nutshell:
It all started from a Google t-shirt...
Supermetrics was founded in 2013 as a result of one data geek’s will to win a Google t-shirt, and we have been profitable and growing ever since!
We build products that are used by 500k people worldwide in small and big companies alike (BBC, Dyson, and WarnerBros, to name a few). Marketers, data analysts, and engineers use Supermetrics to move data from popular marketing platforms (such as Facebook, Google Ads, and HubSpot) to destinations like Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, Excel, various BI tools, and data warehouses.
We are a diverse community of curious minds excited to build the best business data solutions ever. Kindness, humility, openness, and dedication to our respective crafts are our most prevalent traits.
Does this sound like your next adventure? Apply now! We'll fill the role as soon as we find the right person.