Senior Data Engineer - Remote at SemanticBits
SemanticBits is looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer who is eager to apply computer science, software engineering, databases, and distributed/parallel processing frameworks to prepare big data for the use of data analysts and data scientists. You will mentor junior engineers and deliver data acquisition, transformations, cleansing, conversion, compression, and loading of data into data and analytics models. You will work in partnership with data scientists and analysts to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives. You are a practitioner of advanced data modeling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale. Expert in data management, data access (big data, data marts, etc.), programming, and data modeling; and familiar with analytic algorithms and applications (like machine learning).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related) and eight years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals: object-oriented design and programming, data structures, algorithms, databases (SQL and relational design), networking
- Demonstrable experience engineering scalable data processing pipelines.
- Demonstrable expertise with Python, Spark, and wrangling of various data formats - Parquet, CSV, XML, JSON.
- Experience with the following technologies is highly desirable: Redshift (w/Spectrum), Hadoop, Apache NiFi, Airflow, Apache Kafka, Apache Superset, Flask, Node.js, Express, AWS EMR, Scala, Tableau, Looker, Dremio
- Experience with Agile methodology, using test-driven development.
- Excellent command of written and spoken EnglishSelf-driven problem solver
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs