DevOps Engineer - AWS (Remote) at Plutora
About the Opportunity
Do what you love and make an impact. Become a Plutorian!
We are in the business of helping companies become software juggernauts. Over the last 7 years we have built an enterprise SAAS platform used by many of the world’s largest companies (Vodafone, Telefonica, Westpac, Pepsico, Barclays... just to name a few)
We are fully cloud based and are about to embark on our next phase of cloud adoption (automation and scale). We are looking for a DevOps ninja to join our team and work with our squads to deliver improved cloud-based architecture and new capabilities leveraging the AWS platform.
To support business growth, you will join Plutora’s well-established technology team working on existing platforms and implementing new technologies and features across our cloud infrastructure. We run cross functional squads consisting of product, engineering, QA and DevOps. You will play a crucial role to bring your knowledge and experiences to help us achieve greatness.
- Design, configure and maintain our cloud infrastructure to support our distributed systems architecture at scale
- Work with architects and engineers to design and build the next generation of our cloud infrastructure
- Help to build the perfect CI/CD pipeline allowing engineers to push their changes to production with high confidence
- You will help monitoring solutions that keeps our systems health in check and ensure our customers come first
- When needed, work with our Global customers to ensure our platform is integrated and working as required.
- Help troubleshoot and optimize our backend services
- Implement security best practices and industry standards
- Making a positive and proactive contribution working within a multi-disciplined team while keeping up to date with the latest tools, techniques and best practices.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and proactive people that want to build their future with us.
You will bring a culture of automation first with what you do as well as a collaborative approach to working with engineering teams. Working closely with each of the product squads you will ensure that our CI tools, processes and methods are enabling us to deliver world-class cloud services and will ensure a smooth transition from development to production environments.
This position is for a passionate DevOps engineer with significant hands-on DevOps experience implementing and managing automated infrastructure and code deployments.
- Ability build, configure, support and develop AWS cloud platforms and associated systems.
- Certifications across AWS and Microsoft (essential) and DevOps tooling Puppet, Octopus, Jenkins
- Technically proficient in AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, EBS, Lambda, S3 etc)
- Programming languages and scripting - PowerShell, BASH, Python Perl etc
- Highly experienced with infrastructure and automation tooling such as Jenkins, Puppet, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Containerisation tooling - Kubernetes, Docker
- Proven ability to provision and configure AWS cloud based resources to manage complex application environments
- Strong skills with source code control (Git), and CI/CD tools
- Experience troubleshooting of common web server, caching and database services;
- Security exposure using WAF technologies such as CloudFlare;
- Networking experience is essential; (Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, Routing)
- Implement and manage orchestration tools and develop automating systems.
- High availability, developing and maintaining resilient services.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with key stakeholders to produce a desired outcome.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs