Front End Software Engineer at Higher Learning Technologies (Coralville, IA)
Who We Are
HLT was sparked by paper flashcards that Alec Whitters (Co-Founder and CEO) and his peers were using to study for their dental boards. After getting tired of carrying around thousands of flashcards, he asked himself: Why can’t I just use my phone to study? When he didn’t find an effective mobile learning solution, he decided to create it. Since its start in 2012, HLT has attracted millions of learners and has become the market-leading platform for mobile learning applications.
What You Will Be Doing
HLT was started as a mobile first company but we have a rapidly growing web presence. You will be part of the team developing our web application platform so we can offer a seamless cross-device experience to our users.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in developing software for high quality, scalable applications. The ideal candidate:
- Understands computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Works with a spirit of collaboration, especially with other departments, like design and marketing
- Can solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Has a passion for continuous learning and improvement
How We Work
Our tech stack consists of Vue.js, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Heroku.
While HLT’s home office is in Coralville, Iowa, our developers are spread across the western hemisphere. We just need you to be online and available via Slack during regular business hours.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO (yes, you can actually use it)
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- Large amounts of autonomy
- Collaborative culture recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Top Company Cultures” list
So Why HLT?
If you’re interested in
- Coming up with solutions, not just completing tasks
- Being part of a passionate team determined to improve education
- A fast paced and fun work environment
- A career with a higher purpose
Then we would love to talk to you!
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs