Remote must work MST, 6mo contract plus.
Skills: • 6+ years of IT experience, preferably in banking, accounting, or financial services industry; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of SSRS, or similar reporting tools, automated job scheduling tools such as Control-M or Autosys, Microsoft Server products, including Windows application and SQL database servers, SharePoint and TFS, Oracle (PL/SQL), Unix, or PeopleSoft preferred.
• Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative and positive team environment.
• Ability to be primary resource for advice/assistance on procedures and work methods for software engineers and application developers.
• Ability to define and implement new technical direction and to identify and participate in issue/defect resolution and process refinement.
• Willingness to broaden technical, functional, and industry skill base and to keep current with industry information and technical knowledge databases.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Basic knowledge of banking, accounting, and finance terminology.
• Occasional travel required.
• Availability for on-call rotation and occasional work outside normal business hours.
Role: Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, and implements changes to new and existing third party and custom Controllers and/or Trade Services applications at CoBank. Acts as an interface between the technical team and the business or information technology application users. May facilitate process improvement efforts, data collection and analysis of information and processes that impact achievement of financial, operational, audit compliance, customer satisfaction, data stewarding, and other enterprise goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs, develops, configures, and tests changes to accounting, financial reporting, and operations third party and custom applications according to standard methods and procedures; PeopleSoft developer experience is required for this role.
• PeopleSoft experience, including Application Designer, Application Engine, Peopletools, Component Interface, PS Query, SQR, Data Mover, Process scheduler, Integration Broker, PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF), Work Centers, Data Migration Work bench, Workflows, Fluid, PS financials 8.4/8.8/9.1/9, is essential for this position.
• Ensures the finished product meets the business requirements and has a focus on scalability, automation, and increased efficiencies • Gain understanding of business processes and IT applications in order to provide collaborative, proactive, and value-center approach in supporting our business partners.
• Work closely and in collaboration with Technical Analysts and Software Engineers on ensuring configuration and unit testing meets business requirements.
• Provides workday and after-hours production support for third party and custom applications, including troubleshooting, unit testing, issue/defect resolution, and code deployment to the production environment.
• Analyzes root cause of application issues and facilitates resolution by coordinating with the vendor, internal Information Technology (IT) and users as appropriate.
• Leads through influence by providing technical leadership for development projects.
• Coaches and assists Software Engineers and Application Developers.
• Maintains and process work intake of an active backlog.
• Self-motivated to learn finance and operations business applications and build deep strong relationships with our business partners.
• Conducts quality/peer reviews of technical project and backlog deliverables for other technical staff.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, finance, accounting or relevant discipline.