Cloud Labs Developer at Cloud Academy
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
Our growing Content Team is now looking for a Labs Developer to create new Labs for our Labs Technology group. This role is a hybrid between a Content Creator and a Technical Writer and we are looking for someone with experience and passion in both.
The ideal person has an understanding of cloud technologies and is passionate to teach what they have learned to others. You will be working with a SaaS product on a team of 3 to 6 people to build online labs.
This position is 100% remote and will report to our Lead Labs Developer.
- Create fulfilling labs and lab challenges in one or more Cloud Academy library categories
- Write infrastructure as code templates to provision resources when labs start
- Secure lab environments by defining least privilege identity and access management policies
- Develop serverless functions to check the progress of users as they progress through labs and lab challenges
- Consistently deliver new labs on time
- Update labs in our library to ensure they are up-to-date and providing the best possible experience for our customers
- Work with the content team to integrate labs and lab challenges into learning paths
- Communicate feedback and ideas to software developers to continuously improve the lab platform
- At least 2 years experience in production environments and/or technical writing
- Able to independently transform a blueprint of a lab into an elegant learning experience for our end users
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, ARM templates, Deployment Manager, or Terraform)
- Proficient with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, Node.js, PowerShell, and/or Bash
- Able to document in clear technical steps
- Work alongside software developers to provide constant feedback on new releases
- Extremely proficient in both written and spoken English
Additionally, the following will be viewed favorably:
- Experienced with automating, designing infrastructure, and developing new features to attract customers
- One or more public cloud vendor certifications
- Experienced with RESTful APIs,
- Familiarity with Git, Hyper-V, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- Great company culture and work environment
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs