Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately 250M in venture capital including a recent Series D round by Andreessen Horowitz. Now surpassing a 1B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
About the opportunity
As an Android Engineer working on the Technician Installer App, you will be tasked with building improvements to the way our technicians install devices. With over 10k devices to be installed next year, there is a huge opportunity for improvement of the installation process to ensure speed and quality of the install. By improving the technician experience to increase the number of installs per technician per day, and the number of first time done right installs, you will directly impact the core growth metrics of the company. Flock also plans to bring multiple new devices to market, each with their own customized installation processes, which will live in this application. This opportunity is perfect for a talented android developer who has consumer empathy and wants to work on a project that will directly impact Flock’s growth metrics and ultimate success.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Set architectural direction for the Installer Android App, moving it from a hybrid web/native app to a fully native app
- Work directly with technicians, UX, and product to understand the use cases and ensure a high quality user experience
- Develop features and improvements to the current flows for installing new Falcons
- Add support for new product lines coming out in 2022
- Code reviews and support for other developers that contribute to the install code base
- Experience working with Android Native Apps
- Comfortable working within an Agile Framework
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI, VIPER), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Consumer empathy, desire and ability to understand the world the Technicians live in and how to improve it
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.