AR/VR Tools Engineer at Facebook (Los Angeles, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Reality Labs Tools Engineer for one of our LA teams, youll build and use tools to analyze and improve performance across the entire Oculus content ecosystem. You will help VR developers efficiently make industry-defining applications. These roles are ideal for software engineers with expertise in scripting, tooling, building systems, or profilers, ideally with gameplay or animation industry experience.
- Build powerful authoring, debugging, and profiling tools.
- Empower developers by reducing developer iteration time and improving development tools and workflow.
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving the performance and quality of our SDK.
- Create game engine, operating system, and tool code to optimize the performance of VR applications.
- Work within the rendering pipeline to optimize performance and quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3+ years experience with C/C++ programming and developing applications.
- OpenGL, DirectX or Vulkan experience.
- 3+ years experience scripting in Java, C, or Python.
- Experience with creating developer tooling.
- Experience with low level debugging or profiling.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and extending build systems.
- Knowledge of Android development, especially in graphics and performance.
- Experience with CPU and GPU optimization.
- Virtual Reality experience.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs