REMOTE Director of Engineering at Process Street
Who We Are
Process Street is a SaaS platform that helps companies manage their processes and workflows to make recurring work fun, fast and faultless. We are a lean, flexible, 100% distributed team that relies on systems to improve output 10X. Process Street is a venture-backed startup and an AngelPad alum (the #1 Accelerator in the US).
A distributed team means freedom and flexibility: All 30-plus of us work wherever we’d like—reliable internet access is our only requirement. Spread across 9 time zones in 10 countries, we sign into Slack and open up our work tools on the schedule that fits our lives best. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work. Distributed work isn’t for everyone, but if it fits your management style, it’s a life-changing benefit.
Camaraderie from afar: Being 100% distributed doesn’t stop us from getting to know each other— we have daily conversations in chat, weekly “coffee” pairings with coworkers, and once a year we all come together for an all-team retreat.
Our values: As a small, nimble company, we want our employees to feel empowered to make decisions and define the future of our company, so our values include:
- Act like an owner (Agency!)
- Default to action (Processes are great; bureaucracy isn't!)
- Focus on the process (See? Great.)
- Practice prioritization (There are an infinite number of useful things to do. We trust you to pick the best ones.)
- Pay attention to details (Our customers count on us!)
- Over-communicate everything. Twice (See what we did there?)
We are looking for a Director of Engineering with experience building SaaS products to expand and lead our team of software engineers. Process Street is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get to contribute to many different projects across the organization. Here are some of the things you'll do:
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through one-on-ones and team meetings.
- Keep the executive leadership team informed on your team’s progress through one-on-ones, written updates, and regular team hangouts.
- Build rapport with each member of the engineering team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills.
- Participate in code reviews, learning, and spreading technical knowledge throughout Process Street -- moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate.
- Occasionally dive into the code - fixing bugs, improving the developer experience, smoothing edges -- sometimes even spiking out small proofs of concept.
- Collaborate across various disciplines (Product Managers, Designers, Researchers) to help set technical roadmaps that will achieve business goals.
- Actively recruit, onboard, and train new engineers at Process Street. This might involve tweaking the skills portions of interviews or writing better documentation.
- Ensure customers have an amazing experience using Process Street.
You are an experienced engineer with a strong background working in our stack: React, ES6/TypeScript, Scala, Play 2 and PostgreSQL. Even if you aren't a daily coder, you regularly exercise your coding muscles to provide any technical context the team may need.
This isn't your first rodeo. You have hired, trained, and managed at least a few engineers before.
We value collaboration and investing in our people, so you are an effective team builder. You know how to hire, train, and develop engineers from all backgrounds. You understand the benefits of building a diverse and inclusive engineering team. You're adaptable and you know how to build, change, and adjust to the needs of a company as it grows.
You have strong communication skills and can partner with stakeholders across departments to balance engineering, product, and marketing/sales concerns. When possible, you find solutions that address both team and user needs, and when it’s not possible, you help build understanding and buy-in for difficult decisions.
You can keep track of, prioritize, and lead multiple projects at once. We're a small team, and there's no shortage of things you could be doing in a day. You'll carve out time for functional projects and make sure they solve real problems the team faces - ideally making future development even easier.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years people management experience related to engineering teams
Diverse Teams Build Better Products
Legally, we need you to know this:
Process Street does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs