Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides a public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We are well funded by Meritech Capital, Initialized Capital, YCombinator, Matrix Partners, BedRock Capital, and Founders Fund - and we're scaling quickly.
About the opportunity
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will research, develop, and support the software that allows our cameras to see like a detective and defines how non-violent crime is eliminated. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about taking cutting edge research and technology to solve new problems, and enjoys working with the entire lifecycle of Machine Learning software.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Frame open-ended, real-world problems into well defined ML problems
- Develop data pipelines to create appropriate datasets and model feedback
- Leverage cutting-edge research and technology to create custom solutions
- Design and run experiments to test new ideas or improvements to existing models
- Develop applications to run machine learning in production
- Build visualization and monitoring tools to evaluate the quality of our data and models
- Collaborate across teams and product to deliver solutions that fit within business and organizational requirements
- Review code of other Machine Learning Engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or proof of equivalent software engineering experience (PhD’s welcome)
- Experience solving problems using Machine Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Good understanding of Deep Learning and Traditional ML (supervised and unsupervised) algorithms
- Strong experience writing Python in a team environment
- Able to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution
- Effectively communicate, at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Basic git knowledge
- Experience with linear algebra, probability, and statistics preferred
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, or C++ is nice to have
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put the team over self. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth start up. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate non-violent crime, one neighborhood at a time.