Engineering Manager, Developer Platform Team at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, UK)
The Developer Platform Team is part of our Platform Engineering group. Our team mission is “Make FreeAgent developers super-productive" The engineering teams are our customers. Productive, happy coders with great tools write great code and deploy daily adding constant visible value to our business. We aim to keep them that way.
We provide the CI/CD capability and developer tooling that enables our engineers to build, test and deploy quickly. We're also helping migrate FreeAgent to AWS, to an exciting container-driven future.
We’re looking for a team lead with a passion for CI/CD, Ruby software engineering, DevOps and knowledge of AWS Cloud Computing.
Your typical week will involve:
- Supporting the smooth running and uptime of our current CI/CD Jenkins pipeline
- Helping migrate FreeAgent to AWS, containerising our apps and services using Docker, and delivering additional strategic and ongoing CI/CD capability.
- Working on developer tooling and developer insights, including Devkit, our internal developer toolkit and parachute, our deployment tool, both written in Ruby
- Coordinating work, and facilitating technical team discussions to help make decisions
- Working with your team and the wider business on prioritisation, unblocking bottlenecks, and roadmap planning
- 1-1s with all your direct reports. We believe regular contact with your team members is essential, as is giving and receiving feedback
- Coaching, mentoring and developing engineers to help them craft the perfect career path at FreeAgent
- Hiring responsibilities, conducting interviews, reviewing applications and helping to optimise our hiring journey
- Celebrating your team’s achievements!
Apps we use: GitHub, Trello, G Suite, Notion, Miro, Humio
We look for:
- Previous experience of people management
- A comprehensive understanding of lean and agile development methodologies
- Stellar communication and organisation skills
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while embracing accountability
- A learning mindset, always open to improve yourself and learn from others
- Knowledge and experience of developing and maintaining web applications
- Experience of running continuous integration and deployment systems
- Pragmatism; being committed to getting things done while understanding tradeoffs
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- A commitment to ongoing self-development, improving both technical and soft skills. If you have the commitment, we can provide opportunities for you.
- Strong communication skills. Being able to write well and articulate your thoughts are great skills to have in any business.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs