Remote Full-Stack Software Engineer
ONLY CANDIDATES FROM EUROPEAN TIMEZONES WILL BE CONSIDERED (CET +-1 hour).
Exciting times! At Vavato we are building a development team from scratch to further the development of our auction platform, initially built by a 3rd party agency.
You will join our brand new IT department and team, have a high degree of responsibility, freedom to execute your job, and have a high impact on a rocket ship growth organization.
Work hard, play hard! At Vavato you will find a relaxed, casual atmosphere (and occasionally see post-it blocks flying down the hallway in an attempt to punish a bad joke). We are young in spirit and lighthearted but work hard to reach our goals.
We expect everyone to take initiative and point out things we could be doing better or could do to improve the #HAPPYVAVATO experience for our buyers and sellers. Our management team is always happy to listen to your concerns and implement the best ideas. Together we are smarter and stronger.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals willing to be part of a growing start-up / scale-up adventure. We expect you to take full ownership of your work, work hard, especially when needed - production issues can occur and have to be tackled, issues arise daily that require immediate attention to avoid hurting the company's bottom line. We try to structure the work as best as we can, but sometimes you will have to cope with chaos.
We expect you to help carry the load, help your teammates, and push the company forward. There is plenty of room for learning and growth in our team. The intention is to make this company 10x bigger than it is today, with a focus on becoming a platform rather than just an auction house. Plenty of opportunities will be available down the road for people who are willing and capable.
We also expect you to have fun, love your job, love our customers, and enjoy the company of your colleagues ;)
Practices / Values
- We deploy multiple times a day to production with zero downtime using Continuous Delivery
- We follow the open-source model with our CTO being the benevolent dictator on the product and everyone contributing through pull requests
- We believe in the values of Software Craftsmanship and do things "the right way", even under pressure.
- We work directly with the stakeholders within the company without any proxy between the people who need a feature and the people working on it
- We do unit testing, integration testing, black-box testing, and testing spanning the whole stack. This way you know that code that hits master is production-ready.
- We use Kanban and release features as they become ready, without ever doing big bang releases and without creating "a release".
- All of your code will be reviewed by a peer before being put into production to accelerate your learning and for your own ease of mind
- Everything in our infrastructure is scripted either through Terraform or Ansible to ensure reproducible builds and to be disaster-proof
- We have hourly full backups of the database in case anything goes wrong
- We have tested our disaster recovery plan extensively
- We use trunk-based development, our branches are very short-lived, and we employ feature toggles to ship code to production as early as possible without making it visible to users
We don't expect you to know everything in the list, but the more the merrier. Solid experience with both Ruby and Angular is required though, and affinity with Kubernetes, Docker, and DevOps is a strong plus.
- Ruby 2.6.5
- Rails 6
- Angular 6
- Jasmine / Karma
- An affinity for DevOps / GitOps type of work
- Google Cloud
- Kubernetes and GKE
- Github Actions CI
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
Experience having worked on an auction platform before is a huge plus.
We believe giving you the best conditions to getting work done your way is in yours and our best interest. We offer a great work/life balance, good benefits, quality hardware and equipment
- Fully remote work
- €4000 budget for MacBook Pro or Linux laptop of your choice + monitor + headset
- Learning budget of €3000 per year for conferences and training
- 1 free day a month to work on your pet project related to the company
- Unlimited holidays
- Coworking subscription or coffee shop allowance of €200/month
- Company will refund your internet connection up to €100/month