Ascendify is looking for a full-time Backend Engineer to join our company. You will work with in our Backend Engineering team to build new and maintain existing projects. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, be self-motivated, results-driven, and detail-oriented to achieve success.
A successful candidate can work remotely for this role but must be able to work during core Pacific Standard Time hours. They must be able to be productive working in a remote environment without direct supervision. They must also be able to legally be able to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship. Candidates outside the United States need not apply.
- Write high-performance, reusable, modular code
- Write automated unit tests
- Create new functions and features to improve the Ascendify product
- Write Technical Specifications for new features including Database ERD Diagrams
- 4+ year of experience working with a scripting language; Python, PHP or Ruby
- 4+ years in compiled language Scala, Java, etc.
- Experience working with an Object-Oriented language
- SQL experience
- Elasticsearch experience
- Extraordinary communication skills
- Willing/able to learn (if needed, and) primarily use Scala and some PHP
- B.S. in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- Experience with Play Framework
- Familiarity with functional patterns (map, flatten, reduce)
- Experience with Message Queuing software such as RabbitMQ
- DevOps experience is a plus
- Work-from-Home (we recently transitioned into a 100% remote company)
- Competitive salary and stock option package
- Rapid career growth opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K and healthcare flex spending accounts
- Quarterly team building events
- This role starts as a contractor, and if after a successful 90-day review, moves to full time with full benefits.
Ascendify is a rapidly growing, Silicon Valley, venture-backed company that is now operating fully as a remote company. That means you have the opportunity to work-from-home (or at your local WeWork) here in the United States. Most of our core team is regionally based in San Francisco and the surrounding bay area. We deliver talent acquisition solutions to large, global companies. Ascendify’s talent platform leverages artificial intelligence to help enterprise companies attract, select and onboard talent. Ascendify was founded in 2012 and won HR Executive's Top New HR Product of the Year.