React/Node Developer at Undefined LLC (Louisville, KY)
Undefined LLC is hiring a full-time React / Node developer to work on customer-facing and internal websites and web applications. Say goodbye to the agency or freelance rat race - you’ll be working exclusively on a small number of company-led projects and initiatives.
So what types of projects will you be working on?
- A custom e-commerce site built in React and Next, powered on the back-end by Firebase and WordPress
- A custom admin dashboard for a native app with more than 250,000 user accounts and 5,000 daily users, built in React and Next, and powered by Firebase
- A shopify e-commerce site with a custom theme built on Shopify’s themekit and React
- An app microsite built in React and Next, powered by Firebase
- Various landing pages and microsites generally built in React and Next, powered by Firebase and/or WordPress as a CMS
- Internal reporting and communication tools that may need some FED love
The Daily Grind
What’s a typical day for an Undefined developer? We work in sprints; so, you’ll be in daily communication with your dev team members and leadership. But we also work like animals; so, you’ll be free to focus on getting your work done. Your week will begin with a Sprint Planning Meeting, you’ll have daily stand-ups during the week, and it will end on Friday with a Sprint Review.
Though most of your time during the week will be working on tasks and bugs, you’ll have the opportunity to step up regularly (if that’s your thing) and be involved in higher-level design and direction decisions. We say “if that’s your thing” because some people love that, others don’t. And we want you focused mostly on what you love.
But What Am I Really Doing?
Sometimes, you’ll have an entire Sketch design and you’ll be building out the FED. Other times, you’ll have the basic design requirements (fonts, colors, etc) and some functionality requirements (credit card form, shipping address), and you’ll design and build the page or component in browser. Or maybe you're writing a script to traverse Firestore to pull some data.
Hey - we just added some new functionality to how subscriptions are set up or we’re building out the functionality to export customer lists from our admin portal. You’ll FED those components, and also bug fix them should something break or not work as expected.
Our Tech Stack
You must know React and Firebase. We use React heavily in our front end development. You must also be great - not good, great - with CSS, SCSS, or some similar styling. We currently use SCSS modules in React, so you should be comfortable with SCSS even if you want to convince us that something better exists.
You must also have a great - not good, great - eye for CSS animations, timings, transitions...everything animated in the browser. If we (or you) get a crazy idea to animate a user interaction or drop in a little delighter, you’ll be the one to pull it off.
Experience with WordPress and/or Shopify is a plus.
What You Need To Qualify
This is a full-time position or contract-to-hire position depending on your situation and needs. To qualify:
- Must be a US citizen or resident alien
- Proven work experience as a FED with React
- Proficiency working in git and terminal
- A portfolio and/or repo of actual work experience
How To Apply
Send us your details - we need to see your work and resume or similar doc. We’ll reach out to qualified candidates via email to ask some questions or for a phone conversation.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs