Headquarters: Manalapan, NJ
PRI is a close-knit team of smart, creative professionals. We love what we do, and we love to write about it. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to serve as the lead for all maintenance and DevOps activities. You will be responsible for the development and execution of system, integration, and performance test plans, within an Agile framework and play an active role in the reporting of test status and issues to the project manager. This role is full-time, completely remote, and operates within Eastern Time Zone business hours.
We're a well-respected distributed digital agency based out of New Jersey. Known for our deep strategic thinking, we create comprehensive web experiences that span across channels (web, mobile and social). Innovation is at the core of our colleague relationships and client work – not just for the sake of innovation, but to elevate the end users’ experiences and exceed our clients’ unique goals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance.
- Be aware of current security threats and detect vulnerabilities and help resolve issues in security.
- Monitor SQL and NoSQL databases' stability/performance and troubleshoot issues.
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand and improve automated deployments, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Hosting Platforms - Pantheon, PlatformSH, Azure, AWS
- Strong background in Linux and Windows Administration
- Proficient in Fastly, Cloudflare CDNs and Caching strategies
- Experience with web application firewalls such as Imperva and Cloud Sciences
- Experience with CI/CD in Jenkins and/or Travis CI
- Version Control with Git. We use GitHub
- A good understanding and ability to leverage monitoring tools like NewRelic, Pingdom & Sucuri to identify issues in application performance
- Collaborate with a team to create and execute load and performance tests. A good understanding of various types of tests - load, stress, soak etc
- Good to have knowledge of Content Management Systems like Drupal, WordPress
- Work as part of a small technical team to build and manage a resilient and secure infrastructure for the various application platforms.
- Collaborate with the development team to not just maintain, but also build and improve the underlying systems to be highly available, scalable and performant.
- Have an attitude to always improve by constantly researching new technologies and services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and able to independently take ownership of your tasks to ensure quality and client satisfaction.
- You have worked as a DevOps Engineer on technical projects before and understand the Agile software development lifecycle.
- You have experience with performance (load and speed), UAT, system, and integrated testing.
- You are professional and comfortable working with clients and cross-functional teams.
- You have strong communication and technical troubleshooting skills.
- You have experience working remotely with distributed teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years at a technology company or other relevant experience.