Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
The Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer supports best practices and tools in version control, software development lifecycle management, build management, application distribution and deployment management, and other software configuration management practices.
The Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer will be responsible for maintaining Black Knight's Customer Service application from dev through production and monitoring of the AWS and OpenShift platforms.
This position is remote / telecommute eligible. If located in Jacksonville, FL some onsite will be required.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the application infrastructure centralized around Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Shares in developing effective configuration management strategies and solutions for existing and new products.
- Coordinates, facilitates, manages, controls scheduled and approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows.
- Participates in change management reviews, confirmation of changes submitted by associates outside of assigned organization to ensure minimal disruption occurs.
- Works with all parties to resolve change-related scheduling conflicts according to established practices.
- Assesses risks and impacts to changes throughout the software development lifecycle ensuring minimal disruption to the organization and other Black Knight and client organizations.
- Ensures proper archiving of software application releases.
- Analyzes the software development lifecycle for process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Administers and supports third party source, version control, build, and distribution tools.
- Troubleshoots internal software automation tools and utilities.
- Assists with testing and implementation aspects of development projects including installation, configuration, and customization of internal software and utilities.
- Assists with troubleshooting interfaces to change control and defect tracking systems.
- Performs application conversion, configuration, and release deployment duties.
- Maintains all internal documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotation; and completing service requests related to version control, software development lifecycle management, and build management, distribution and deploy management.
- Other related duties are assigned as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Any AWS Certifications are a plus.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) highly desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in cloud automation tooling such as Terraform in the deployment of cloud based solutions desired
- Experience using industry standard automation and deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience engineering Cloud based solutions in AWS or OpenShift highly preferred
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with MySQL a plus
- Experience with scripting languages
- Knowledge of release and configuration management tools
- Considerable knowledge of change and release management principles, procedures and techniques
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to think and solve problems creatively
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with others
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to respond to requests under tight deadlines in a dynamic working environment
- Must be customer focused, well organized, self-motivated and self-directed
- Proficient analytic, organization, and communication skills
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Expert and leader. Demonstrates extensive knowledge, proficiency and leadership within the role and team. This position is responsible for implementing and supporting best practices in version control, software development lifecycle management, application build management, application distribution and deployment management, and other software configuration management best practices as well as the design of associated solutions. Leads the setup of projects in the version control tool, creates and troubleshoots distributed builds/compiles, as well as trains and consults with development teams on how to use the tools. Is responsible for vendor relationship management as well as the assessment of new version and distribution control technologies. Requires proficiency in project management skills. Typically, requires a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in financial technology or IT.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees' diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight's commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.